Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! I love the holiday season and while Christmas is my jam, Thanksgiving is easily my second favorite holiday. With a family full of chefs, Thanksgiving is…well, you get the point.
Sharing just a few things I’m thankful for theses days:
- My baby girls. They are the air in my lungs. I was recently telling a friend that I’m obsessed with them – their noises, their painfully stubborn independence, their sweet curiosity. They seem so wise for 18 months and I envy their innocence.
- My husband, who is my partner in all things. I’m thankful he supports my Gemini personality, even though I know he dreads hearing, “So babe, I have an idea…” and not-so-secretly is annoyed by all the unfinished projects
- For projects coming together. I am constantly starting projects; house projects, diy projects, professional projects, etc. This year, though, so many projects have finally come together. Our restaurant plans have finally received city approval, my husbands new bar, Mash, finally opened its doors, and we’ve finished so many home projects. I’m getting prepared for a wild 2016, but closing out 2015 with small nuggets of success.
- My mother. She is our saving grace. We could not, would not live this life, follow our dreams, and finish projects if it weren’t for her support, guidance and special powers of the grandma variety.
- Parties to celebrate love. This has been the year of weddings and babies for us. We’re so happy to be a part of so many friends and their steps toward happily-ever-after. Bring on the baby showers and weddings, all year long!