So, we love us some tacos in this house. Both Jeremiah and I grew up in the Southwest, so we’re down with all things spicy. Even the girls can handle a little bite. They eat salsa by the spoonful.
One of my favorite taco extras is taco slaw! I love salsa, and cheese, and sour cream, and guacamole and anything else you can wrap in a tortilla, but the crunchy bite of taco slaw is just icing on the cake.
But, what I’ve just recently realized is that it’s awesome All. By. Itself. Yup, taco salad for the lunch salad win!
- Cabbage (chopped)
- Large bunch of cilantro (handful)
- (2) banana peppers (finely chopped)
- (1) jalapeno (finely chopped)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 C white vinegar
- Sea salt (to taste)
- 3 tbsp Banana Pepper Salsa (optional)
- Chop cabbage, banana pepper and jalapeno and place in a large bowl. Cut the lime in half and juice both sides into mixture. Add vinegar. Add sea salt to taste.
- **Note: I like to use the banana peppers and jalapenos from my homemade Banana Pepper Salsa recipe that I have. You don't have to make it that way, but if you like to pickle you should definitely try my recipe!!!
Grab my Banana Pepper Salsa Recipe HERE!