In an effort to get my husband more involved on the blog — he’s a formally-trained chef turned barman generalist — to breathe life into our recipes, I’m sharing one of his recipes today.
A few weeks ago, we catered an event for a friend who hosts an annual champagne party to support Cystic Fibrosis. This was Jeremiah’s 4th year catering the food. Everything was delicious, but this Sunchoke + Dill Relish was a big hit, so I thought I’d share the love.
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 lbs sunchokes
- 1 serrano pepper
- 4 bunches dill
- 1/4 C rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 C olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- Fine dice all ingredients and combine.
- Add rice wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Add salt to taste.
- Let mixture stand for 20 minutes so the veggies can sweat.
- After 20 minutes, stir gently and taste. Add more salt as necessary.
- Store in airtight glass container for up to 2 weeks.
This is one of those go-on-anything kind of condiments. I like to add it to my salads and tuna sandwich, but it pairs well with crackers for an easy party snack. We served it on mini buckwheat waffles at the event. It would also be great on fish and meat or in eggs. You’ll come up with tons of ways to use it.
Stay tuned for more yummy food and drink recipes from the man of the house.